Everyone has their pre-holiday season rituals. Couples gear up for arguments with their in-laws, op-shops prepare for an influx of terrible gifts, and movie critics re-write their Love Actually columns – it’s all about anticipation! That’s what makes November special. And as we ramp up to summer, those just-getting-hot-enough days are perfect to grab a car and drop by your favourite swimming hole.
So, we’re bringing the Christmas presents early! In this month’s newsletter, we bring discounts to save you holiday cash, we celebrate the marriage equality Yes vote, and we tell you just how much Aussies love their pets. (For the record, we think Love Actually is a classic tale of modern romance)
Don’t forget to check out our specials page for pods on special near you, and all our current offers.
Stuck for gifts? Here’s an idea (and a discount!) 👗📌
Heading into Christmas we know how hard it can be to find presents. Luckily, long-term GoGet staff member Tanya runs a website and store called Lost Acre, where she makes and sells gorgeous flower brooches.
All her pins and wall hangings are up-cycled, which means they’re made from discarded material, not that you’d ever know! We love that focus on sustainability.
Her small pins would make great stocking fillers, and her large pins are a wonderful gift for someone special. Best of all, Tanya is offering GoGet members 10% off anything on her website. Just use the promo code ‘gogetflowers’ when you place an order.
Tip of the month
Australians are real animal lovers, with 60% of households owning some kind of pet. But our fondness for furry friends apparently isn’t supported by public transport policy. A recent study finds 95% of dog owners wanted less restrictions around taking pets on public transport, and that many would drive less if they had that option – something we’re definitely on board with!
Of course, GoGet helps you and your pets live without owning a car. We have lots of pet friendly GoGet cars to cater for Sir Barks-a-Lot and Miss Meow! If you don’t have a pet friendly car near you, let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
Love is Love 👨❤️👨🏽
After months of campaigning, Australia has voted to allow same-sex partners to marry! Of the 12.7 million votes cast, 61.6% were returned in favour of marriage equality. To celebrate the result, Melbourne radio station Joy 94.9 fitted out Hartly the Carnival as a mobile radio studio! Hartly helped them broadcast from parties across Melbourne, and we were chuffed to be part of the fun!
New cars and pods – NSW
- Armadale – 590 Orrong Road (Toorak Park)
- Ashfield – Albert Parade near Alt Street
- Ashfield – Bland Street near Parramatta Road
- Ashfield- Chandos Street
- Ashfield – Milton Street N near Thomas Street
- Ashfield – Ormond Street near Pembroke Street
- Balmain – Fitzroy Avenue near Punch Street
- Balmain East – Johnston Street near Pearson Street
- Canada Bay – Regatta Road near Coonardoo Close
- Canada Bay – Regatta near Lyons Road W
- Chatswood – 67 Albert Avenue (Not 24 Hours)
- Dulwich Hill – Terrace Road near Consett Street
- Eastwood – May Street near Ball Avenue
- Five Dock – Garfield Street near Harris Road
- Flemington – Hampstead Road near The Crescent
- Flemington – Hornsey Road near Tavistock Road
- Gladesville – Meriton Street near Morrison Road
- Hillsdale – Brittain Crescent near Rhodes Street
- Hillsdale – Grace Campbell Crescent near Nilson Avenue
- Hillsdale – Templeman Crescent near Rhodes Street
- Hillsdale – Unsted Crescent near Flint Street
- Kogarah – Warialda Street next to Frys Reserve
- Lane Cove North – Gordon Crescent near Giraween Avenue
- Lane Cove North – Stokes Street near Ralston Street
- Lidcombe – Childe Street near John Street
- Lidcombe – Doodson Avenue between John Street and Frederick street
- Linfield – Drovers Way near Gladstone Parade
- Lindfield – Milray Street near Kochia Lane
- Matraville – Kain Avenue near Anzac Parade
- Narrabeen – Jenkins Street near The Avenue
- Narrabeen – Park Street near Clarke Street
- Newtown – Newtown Station (Newtown Central Carpark)
- North Parramatta – Grose Street near Sorrell Street
- North Parramatta – New Street near factory Street
- North Parramatta – Sorrell Street near Victoria Road
- North Ryde – Macquarie Green
- Pagewood – Myrtle Street near Begonia Street
- Parramatta – Elizabeth Street near Victoria Road
- Parramatta – Queens Avenue near Robertson Street
- Rockdale – Ashton Street near Princes Highway
- Rockdale – Cairo Street near Chapel Street
- Rockdale – Hayburn Avenue near Lister Avenue
- Rockdale – Subway near Hegerty Street
- Roseville – Spearman Street between Boundary Street and Victoria Street
- Willoughby – Artarmon Road between Edward Street and Scott Street
- Willoughby – Tulloh Street near Frenchs Road
New cars and pods – QLD
New cars and pods – VIC
- Brunswick – Brickworks Drive near Gilpin Park
- Brunswick East – Maghull Street near Fleming Street
- Carlton – Church Street between Bouverie Street and Swanston Street
- Carlton – Cardigan street near Argyle Place North
- Carlton – Keppel Street near Swanston Street
- Hawthorne – Findon Street between Pine Street and Elm Street
- Hawthorne – Harrison Crescent near Barkers Road
- Hawthorne – Mason near Creswick Street
- Hawthorne East – Rathmines Road at Sir William Angliss Reserve
- Melbourne CBD – 12-20 Flinders Lane (Not 24 hours)
- South Yarra – Hawkesburn Road near Horman Avenue
GoGet helps build a better Sydney 🚗🚏
We’re really excited about a new trial we’re part of on the northern beaches! Along with the state government and Keolis-Downer, GoGet will help take people riding the B-line from their home to the bus stop.
This will replace the need for residents to drive themselves by giving them a lift. The project begins November 26th – if you know someone who might benefit from the service, head to Keoride.com.au.
And remember, if you have ideas for the future of NSW transport, you should give feedback to the state’s future transport strategy. These only happen every 10 years, and we’d love you to say how important car share is to you! You can leave feedback here.
GoGet is Hiring! 💼
The best part of working at GoGet is the people you work with. They’re motivated, fun to be around, and help improve our cities. Maybe you’d like to join us? We’re looking for new recruits to join our Sydney team, with positions available in Sales and Fleet Operations. If you’re interested, apply on our jobs page today!
Cool things our members are doing 📷
Anton Mills is a Sydney photographer who takes some incredible landscape shots. This year, his photography has taken him from Hobart to Adelaide, and from Yosemite National Park to San Francisco in the US.
When he’s back home, Anton says GoGet gives him the flexibility to use a car when the conditions are just right for the perfect shot! That’s how he got the photo below, which he took on the way to Newnes campground in the NSW Central West.
We’ve featured more of Anton’s work on the GoGet blog, it’s well worth checking out!