As we settle in to 2017, don’t think the time for having fun has passed! We’ve got great deals on weekend (and extended weekend) trips, so you can start 2017 seeing new things and getting out and about.
4 days to see Australia
This year Australia Day falls in the middle of the week, so we’re inviting you to make it a bit more useful and take a 4 day weekend instead. Take a day off and we’ll give you 1 day free, with 25% off 4 day bookings over Australia Day.
Book an economy car from any pod for exactly 4 days, use promo code 4DAY25, and you’ll get 25% off your booking. With 600kms included, you can celebrate Australia Day the best way we know how – going out and seeing the country yourself.
Sleep tight with 10% off
So you’ve got your big road trip all planned out and you’ve got a great deal on a car, but where are you going to sleep?
It might be tempting to put down the rear seats and sleep in the car, but we’ve got a much better idea. Agoda are an online hotel booking site that have great deals on accommodation, and they’re offering GoGet members a further 10% off over Australia Day! Just visit their special page just for GoGet members, and use promo code GOGETDOM10.
Agoda lets you book everything from youth hostels to very spiffy hotels for much less than normal, and with a further 10% off you can treat yourself to something a bit more special, or save the money for a nice dinner. If you’re heading overseas, use GOGETGLOB07 to get 7% off.
Terms: Promo code can be used from today until February 1st, for stay periods until the end of July. Pre-paid bookings only.
Tip of the month
- How much can a van hold?
- I left something in the car! How do I get it back?
- What happens if I lose my smartcard?
- What can I do if the car won’t let me in?
- Am I a good person?
- Is my career right for me?
Everyone has questions, so we’ve done our best to answer everything you might need to know about GoGet (and life – okay, mostly just GoGet) on our special Help Centre.
You can search the Help Centre by opening the GoGet home page and clicking the orange “Help” button, and you can browse all the categories and articles by going directly to the Help Centre itself.
Inside the Help Centre is our Member Manual, which goes through everything there is to know about our booking system and the inner workings of GoGet. Even if you’ve been car sharing since forever you might learn something new!
Make a date with an Audi
Have a hot date for Valentine’s Day? Let us make your night that little bit more special with an Audi!
Book an Audi for at least 5 hours after 5pm on Valentine’s Day, and use VDAY30 to get 30% off your hourly rate. You can book any Audi, including our sporty A1s, luxurious A3s, and even our very special A3 Convertibles.
If you haven’t taken an Audi before, now’s a good time. In the past month most of our A1s have been replaced by the latest 2017 model, and we’ve added 6 brand new A3 Convertibles in Sydney. Once you try one, you’ll fall in love.
(Psst.. Valentine’s Day is Tuesday 14th of February, but you already knew that!)
New cars and pods – NSW
- Abbotsford – Trenerry Crescent near Johnston Street
- Annandale – Nelson Street near Collins Street
- Artarmon – Cleland Road
- Clovelly – Clovelly Road between Mundarrah Street and Flood Street
- Coogee – Kidman Street near Brook Street
- Croydon Park – Alison Street near Hay Street
- Freshwater – Kooloora Avenue near Charles Street
- Kensington – Botany Street near Library Street
- Maroubra – Fenton Avenue near Mons Avenue
- Maroubra – Maroubra Road between Hereward Street and Bona Vista Avenue
- Mosman – Art Gallery Way near Harbour Street
- Mosman – Raglan Street near Musgrave Street
- Mosman – Shadforth Street near Hamlet Lane
- Mosman – Warringah Road near Spit Road
- North Parramatta – Albert Street near Buller Street
- Queenscliffe – Queenscliffe Road near Bridge Road
- Randwick – Randwick Street near Gordon Street
- Redfern – Marriott Street near Ogden Lane
- Rosehill – Weston Street near James Ruse Drive
- Ryde – Watt Avenue near Smith Avenue
- Strathfield – Homebush Road near The Crescent
- Waterloo – Murray Street near Amelia Street
- Westmead – Helen Street between Park Avenue and Hawkesbury Road
- Westmead – Park Street near Queens Road
New cars and pods – VIC
- Carlton North – Curtain Street near Station Street
- Carlton North – Park Street near Station Street
- Carlton North – Queensborough Road near Brighton Avenue
- Docklands – 750 Collins Street (Not 24hrs)
- Epping – Essex Street near Chester Street
- Epping – Surrey Street near Cambridge Street
- Northcote – Westgarth Street east of High Street
Take a city car out for the weekend
We still get emails about our most popular deal of 2016, asking when we’ll be doing it again. Well, we’re very happy to announce that you can once again get 40% off your day rate on weekend bookings from CBD pods, starting this weekend and up until the end of February.
Pick up a car from an eligible CBD pod on Friday afternoon, bring it back Monday morning, and keep it all to yourself over the weekend. It’s a massive 40% off your day rate, and includes economy cars, Audis and SUVs. The discount is for the day rate only, and excludes any optional extra hours, pod surcharges and reduced damage cover.
The deal starts this weekend, but you can book right away with promo code WCBD17.
Code for us!
If you’re a developer and you use GoGet, no doubt you’ve always wanted to get in and see how it all works (and maybe even fix a pet peeve). Now’s your chance!
Our technology arm Fleetcutter are currently hiring 2 Mid-Level Full Stack PHP Developers.
It’s a full stack role, so you’ll see projects through from start to finish and see how they’re used in the real world by GoGet members. Fleetcutter is a supportive environment that offers great work life balance, and the job will give you opportunities to try new things and learn.
Toby the Outlander
Our plug-in hybrid Outlanders are very popular, delivering both comfort and sustainability credentials. The latest to join our fleet is Toby the Outlander, which will live at the ultra-sustainable new development at 181 Fitzroy St in St Kilda, in partnership with Origin Energy and Pace Development Group.
Toby is pretty special. Besides being the only red GoGet, Toby is tricked out with fancy features. As a PHEV, it runs for up to 60kms on electric, and switches over to a hybrid petrol engine after that. As a top of the line Outlander, Toby also offers a really comfy ride for members, with heaps of room inside, leather seats, in-dash navigation, sunroof and 4WD.
Toby will be representing us in this year’s Midsumma Pride March on the 29th of January. If you’d like to join us, we’re still accepting members to march with us. Just shoot us an email. To book Toby, keep an eye out for a special new pod alert which will be sent when the pod is ready for bookings.
Cool things our members are doing
Secret Blooms are a Sydney-based startup who make really beautiful, hand made artificial flower arrangements. Sarah from Secret Blooms recently wrote in to thank us for Bugsy the Van, who helped them deliver a really big order when they were only just new on the scene.
We hear a lot from new businesses who couldn’t imagine getting started without GoGet. Without the burden of buying wheels they can focus on what they do best, and we’re proud to be part of the success of these creative and very cool ventures.
If you have a retail space, office or corner of your home that needs something beautiful, we encourage you to check out Secret Blooms! Put all preconceptions of artificial flowers out of your mind, these are stunning, hand made designs that look and do better than flowers – plus they’re totally permanent. Check out the online store for a bouquet or smaller arrangement (perfect for Valentine’s Day!), or get in touch with them if you want something really special and made to fit.
Are you like Secret Blooms and doing cool things, or just have something to share with fellow GoGet members? Please write to us.
The GoGet Team