You wouldn’t guess it given the weather lately but summer is upon us again, which means it’s time to get your suspenders on and head on down to the Newtown Festival! All the freaks and geeks will be out to play in the most colourful outfits and attire.
To help you deal with the massive festival, here are some useful tips that may just come in handy:
- Public transport is the best way to get to the festival. Parking is very limited on a quiet day!
- Gold donation – The festival is charity based and requests a gold coin for entry. Try and give more than $1 though
- Plastic free – No plastic bottles are sold on site but you are able to bring your own
- Bring plenty of sunscreen. There isn’t much shade in the main area of the park
- Kids can come! The Gruffalo will be there and plenty of jumping castles and rides to keep the little ones entertained
- Free bicycle valet service this year
- Alcohol is available in the festival but you can’t BYO
- Pubs and restaurants fill up fast! Don’t forget that King St has many places to eat or drink and one will eventually have a seat for you
- Neighbours get involved – While making your way to the Festival, you will see many houses getting involved with different decorations and dress ups. Plus you might see Nic (GoGet founder) with his kids screaming for you to buy some lemonade!
- Swing by the many stalls overing food and drinks, soaps, posters, organic everything and even GoGet will be there!
- GoGet has many vehicles in Newtown which can be hired after the event to save having to squish into a train or bus. Boom it for the night and bring it back the following day
Remember to stay safe and be respectful of the environment.