Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information about an identified individual or information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
During the conduct of our business, the types of information generally collected by us include your name, date of birth, residential and/or postal address, telephone number, email address, payment details, details of your current driver licence, details of your driving history, your employer’s name and position and contact details for who to contact in the event of an emergency. We may also request additional documentation to assist in verifying your identity or eligibility for a particular membership plan or promotion.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information through different methods, including:
- if you input any personal information into our website or apps, including filling in an application form to create an account or use of our services or entering a competition;
- if you contact us in relation to the services (including by telephone, fax, e-mail, online chats and social media).
Indirectly/ from third parties:
- service providers including (without limitation) fraud protection agencies, insurance providers, maintenance providers, accident management providers;
- your employers (for our corporate program);
- publicly available resources;
- government agencies;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers.
Some provision of personal information is optional. If you decide not to provide some of your personal information, we may not be able to accept your membership application or we may be prevented from providing all or some of our services to you.
Use of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to deliver services you have requested and do all things required to manage those services;
- to contact you about any incidents involving your vehicle, our contract or dealings with you and other matters, including investigating any accidents, claims, breaches to our terms, unlawful activities or fraud;
- verify the information you provide us, including to confirm your identity;
- as required for the purposes of debt recoveries and consumer credit rating;
- to improve and develop our services, including performing research and customer satisfaction surveys; and
- for direct marketing purposes (such as newsletters or email alerts), including updating you about changes to our services or providing information about special offers or promotions.
For direct marketing purposes, your Personal Information will be added to our database. The database may be used for ongoing marketing, promotional and/or educational purposes. The type of marketing and educational activities that we undertake includes forwarding material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to our services and various issues. Our communications may be sent in various forms such as mail, SMS, fax, in app notifications, website notifications and email. You consent to us sending you marketing communications. If at any time you do not wish to continue receiving marketing communications, we provide an “opt-out” procedure in each communication to you or you can opt out by contacting us directly.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties including:
- our service providers who assist us to provide the services including (without limitation), mailing houses, call centre operators, data processing, market research firms, consultants, insurance providers, accident management, roadside assistance providers or for personal information verification;
- finance providers, including banks, debit and credit card providers;
- credit reporting, fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies
- government authorities, councils, regulatory and licensing bodies (including relevant road traffic authorities) and law enforcement bodies (where required)
- third parties for processing and handling traffic related infringements, toll roads and car park matters;
- if you are an additional driver, accessing the vehicles under a corporate account, or accessing the vehicles under a membership deal provided to you via your employer, to the account holder company or entity; and
- third parties in the event we sell any or all our business and/or our assets.
- Vehicle Collection/Repossession agencies if you breach the terms of our membership agreement
You consent to us disclosing your Personal Information to our overseas service providers, who may be located in the United States, India, Philippines, or other countries and which may not meet the standard set by clause 8.1 of the Australian Privacy Principles.
Accessing, Updating and Correcting your Personal Information
You may request from us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable. If we deny your request, we will provide reasons in writing as to our decision. To complain about or contest our decision, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Please ensure you update any personal information you have provided us as soon as reasonably practicable to ensure we have up to date records.
If you wish to amend information that is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact our Privacy Officer (see contact details below).
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from our website (or app) and stored on your computer or device to provide functionality critical to use our services and help us serve you better. They collect information relating to your use of our website and your internet browsing. In general, cookies are used to improve the services and information we provide to users to enhance their experience and as well as potentially serve ads during your internet browsing.
We use authentication cookies to record that you are authorised to access your account and without this we cannot provide you access to our services as our servers cannot be sure you are authorised to access.
Cookies generally collect and store non-personal information including: (a) the date and time of your visit; (b) your internet protocol (IP) address; (c) the pages you have accessed and links clicked; and (d) the type of browser you were using.
GoGet may read these cookies as you use our services so that we can identify you and learn how to improve our service. Cookies may also collect personal information. Any personal information collected by cookies will be dealt with in accordance with this policy.
GoGet permits third parties, including Google Analytics to collect statistical data from our website using their cookies to help us measure how people use our website and other statistical information, such as website usage and traffic. These cookies do not collect Personal Information, however, may be used in conjunction with ad-serving networks to serve ads to you while you are browsing the Internet. You may opt of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on webpage. This can be done via the “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” webpage, located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ (or any other URL Google may provide from time to time).
Upon receipt of a complaint, we will work with you to resolve your complaint. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time frame, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Updated August 2021. Carshare Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 39 102 892 679) trading as GoGet.